Get a Quick Answer
BBQ Chicken Tenders
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1½ pounds chicken tenders
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1¾ cups coarse dry breadcrumbs, preferably whole-wheat (see Note)
- Olive oil or canola oil cooking spray
- Combine barbecue sauce, mustard and honey in a large bowl. Set aside ½ cup of the sauce in a small bowl. Cut any large chicken tenders in half lengthwise, then add all the tenders to the large bowl with the remaining sauce; stir to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Lightly beat eggs in another shallow dish.
- Place breadcrumbs in a third shallow dish.
- Coat each tender in flour, shaking off any excess. Dip in egg and let any excess drip off.
- Then roll in the breadcrumbs, shaking off any excess. Place the tenders on the prepared baking sheet. Generously coat both sides of each tender with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Turn each tender over and continue baking until the outside is crisp and the tenders are cooked through, about 10 minutes more.
- Serve with the reserved sauce or more BBQ sauce for dipping.