We’re part of your community too! Our employees live and work in the areas we serve, giving us a personal stake in the efforts to improve our communities. Bank Five Nine and our employees donate over 12,000 hours and more than $200,000 per year to local nonprofit organizations. The mission of our charitable giving program is to help meet the needs of the communities we serve by supporting nonprofit organizations that improve overall quality of life. We also proudly sponsor events that enhance the vitality of our neighborhoods, celebrate our community’s success and support local charities.
Although there are more deserving charitable organizations in our communities than we are able to support, our charitable giving program makes every effort to assist as many as possible. We receive hundreds of requests each year for donations. And we are happy to consider all requests that qualify under the following charitable giving categories:
- Financial management training and education programs
- After-school tutoring and mentoring programs for underserved youth and young adults
- Scholarship programs to educational organizations that support students who require financial assistance
- Job training and vocational programs, including literacy and basic-skills education, for low- to moderate-income adults
Health and Human Care
- Community health and mental health counseling services
- Homeless and crisis shelters and services such as food pantries, clothing banks, etc…
- Aid to associations and societies that advance cures and promote health
Civic and Cultural
- Programs that promote civic engagement
- Aid to organizations that promote local arts and cultural activities
Housing and Business Development
- Organizations that aid low-to-moderate income individuals and families in the home buying process
- Organizations that aid small businesses to succeed
- Bank Five Nine’s charitable investments are limited to public, nonprofit charitable organizations and agencies that are exempt from federal taxes under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- High priority is placed on donations that benefit low- to moderate-income individuals and communities.
- Bank contributions are not generally more than $10,000, however, exceptions can be made for certain situations.
- Increased consideration will be given to entities with low administrative costs, in order to ensure the donated funds are efficiently directed to the parties in need.
- Requests must be submitted by the 15th of each month. Applicants are notified, by phone, email or by mail, of action taken on requests within 45 days of application deadline.
Recipient nonprofit organizations must:
- Reside in and serve a community where Bank Five Nine has a physical branch location
- Brookfield, Germantown, Glendale, Grafton, Hartford, hartland, Menomonee Falls, Mequon, Milwaukee, Oconomowoc, or West Bend (see branch locations)
- Fit within our charitable giving categories (listed above)
- Demonstrate fiscal and administrative stability
- Operate as an equal opportunity employer (where applicable)
- Be governed by a board of directors (where applicable)
- Organizations without 501(c)(3) status
- Individuals (exceptions may be made by the Committee)
- Fraternal or alumni organizations
- Political Action Committees, political candidates, or causes or organizations attempting to influence legislation
- Requests for the discretionary, non-specific use of an organization
- Requests for operating expenses
- Trips or tours for individuals and groups
- Talent and beauty contests
Organizations should complete the Charitable Contributions Application, by downloading here. The completed application may be submitted via mail or email to:
BANK FIVE NINE
Attn: Marketing Department
155 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Oconomowoc, WI 53066