A Smorgasbord Of Options…
Change your address, order checks, increase your debit card limit, and add a travel notification. These are just a few things you can do from here. Can’t find what you’re looking for? We’re happy to help! Feel free to Contact Us for assistance.
What would you like to know?
We use computers for everything from banking and investing to shopping and communicating with others through email or chat programs. Although you may not consider your communications "top secret," you probably do not want strangers reading your email, using your computer to attack other systems, sending forged email from your computer, or examining personal information stored on your computer (such as financial statements). When you begin transmitting confidential, non-public information over the internet, the need for computer security is even more critical. To learn more, visit bankfivenine.com/security.
- Your identity is one of the most valuable things you own. It’s important to keep your identity from being stolen by someone who can potentially harm your good name and financial well-being. Identity theft occurs when someone uses your name, address, Social Security Number, credit card or financial account numbers, passwords, and other personal information without your knowledge to commit fraud or other crimes. While the words may sound like a foreign language -- Phishing, Pharming, Vishing, Spyware, Dumpster Diving — they are actually techniques used by thieves to put your identity and finances at risk, and their attacks grow more frequent and sophisticated every year. Identity theft is the fastest growing crime in the United States. According to US Department of Justice statistics, it’s now passing drug trafficking as the number one crime in America. The simple fact is that you can protect yourself against most forms of identity theft. The first step is education. To learn more ways to protect yourself from Identity Theft, visit bankfivenine.com/security.
- Keep all applications, including your operating system, patched. Vendors will usually release patches for their software when vulnerability has been discovered. Most product documentation offers a method to get updates and patches. You should be able to obtain updates from the vendor's website. Read the manual or browse the vendor's website for more information. Some applications will automatically check for available updates, and many vendors offer automatic notification of updates via a mailing list. Look on your vendor's web site for information about automatic notification. If no mailing list, or other automated notification mechanism is offered, you may need to check periodically for updates.
- Keep security software current: Having the latest security software, web browser, and operating system are the best defenses against viruses, malware, and other online threats.
- Automate software updates: Many software programs will automatically connect and update to defend against known risks. Turn on automatic updates if that’s an available option.
- Protect all devices that connect to the Internet: Along with computers, your smartphones, gaming systems and other web-enabled devices also need protection from viruses and malware.
- Plug & scan: USBs and other external devices can be infected by viruses and malware. Use your security software to scan them.
- Keep track of account transactions. Review your bank statements as regularly as possible to rule out the chances of fraudulent transactions. If you notice discrepancies, contact your bank immediately.
- Only use Wi-Fi on your device when connected to password protected hotspots. Turn-off any auto-connect features. They might cause your phone to log into insecure wireless networks without your knowledge.
Multifactor Authentication Security Challenges - The online banking service evaluates your device and usage patterns during the sign-in procedure. If the system cannot establish your authenticity, for your protection during the sign-in process the system may prompt you for further authentication. You may be able to authenticate your identity by choosing between answering a challenge question or a onetime passcode. Username and Password - For your protection, you must sign in using a user name and password to move money. System Timeouts - When using our Online or Mobile banking we provide automatic session timeouts just in case you forget to log out. Green Bar SSL - The green bar, exclusive to EV SSL certificates, means you are transacting business on a highly secured, trustworthy domain. Alerts - We provide you with free low balance notifications to help monitor your accounts. Failed Login Attempts - After 3 failed password attempts, all services are locked.
- Make sure you have anti-virus and anti-spyware software installed on your computer, keep them updated, and run a full system scan at least weekly.
- Keep your computer operating system up to date, and your firewall turned on.
- Use strong passwords for secure sites. These should include eight or more characters with random numbers, and change your passwords every six months.
- If you download anything from the Internet such as music, movies, or pictures, make sure you do so only from trusted websites. Downloads can be infected with spyware attached to the file.
- Watch for signs of spyware—frequent pop up ads, unexpected icons on your desktop, random error messages or sluggish computer performance are all signs of infection. Run a full system anti-virus and anti-spyware scan to safely remove.
- Be careful when using public computers to perform any type of personal transactions. Just logging into a Website may give away passwords and other private information if spyware has been installed on that computer.
You can request a name change, close a card and change an attached account by completing the Debit Card Maintenance form.
We have the ability to print your EMV debit card in our branches while you wait. It only takes a couple minutes and you're out the door. Whether you're a new customer opening an account, or an existing customer with a lost or stolen card, we can help. To apply for a debit card, please Contact A Personal Banker.
If you will be traveling out of the state or country with your debit card, please contact Operations Support at (888) 569-9909 during regular business hours to let us know or complete the Travel Notification form at least 1 business day prior to travel.
Yes, in our mobile app, you can control debit card usage and spending on the go! With the Manage My Cards option in our mobile app you can:
- Turn your debit card on and off
- Establish transaction controls for dollar amount limits, merchant categories and geographic locations
- Receive alerts when your debit card is used, when a transaction meets specific thresholds, or when a card transaction is attempted but declined
- Get real-time balances for your accounts
Your Bank Five Nine Routing number is 075902421.
Although we'd love to see your smiling face, having regular paychecks directly deposited into your Bank Five Nine account(s) is super convenient. And it's easy to set up! Just fill out the Direct Deposit Enrollment form, print and hand over to your employer. They should take care of the rest. If you have questions, feel free to Contact A Personal Banker, or call (888) 569-9909 during business hours.
To request copies of check images or copies of statements Contact A Personal Banker. Please Note: If you have Online Banking, you can access up to 3 years of statement history and check copies for free!
Access your existing Elan credit card Account to check your balance, make a payment, view statement balances, available credit limit, travel points earned since last statement, (Platinum Travel and Business Travel) and last 6 months purchase & payment history.
If you have Online Banking, you can change your Password, Challenge Questions, and Email Address in the Profile option when logged into Online Banking. Don’t have Online Banking and would like to enroll? Enroll Now online. Don’t want to enroll in Online Banking? Please contact us at (888) 569-9909 during regular business hours to request the change.
Submitting a request to change your address is easy! Select Change My Address to submit the request today.
- When logged into Online Banking by selecting Open a New Account on the homepage.
- Or select Open Account Online
- When the New Account page appears, follow the prompts to establish the new account.
Mobile deposits can take up to 2 business days to post to your account. You can see the deposit history on the mobile app when you select Deposit - Check Deposit History.
- You are not entering your Online Banking credentials correctly.
- You have not successfully enrolled in Online Banking. Self enroll today!
Simply text HELP to 96924 and you'll receive a text message with all text commands (BAL, HIST, etc)
Mobile Banking provides app-based, browser-based, and text-based banking experiences optimized for tablets and smart phones. If you have not yet enrolled in Mobile Banking, you can enroll at any time from the Profile page in Online Banking.
There is no fee for using Bank Five Nine Mobile. However, you do need a Bank Five Nine account. It's possible your mobile phone service provider may charge for text messages and/or web access. Check your plan for details.
You can disable Bank Five Nine Mobile on your device at any time from within Online Banking. You can also call us at (888)569-9909 or Chat with us during business hours. We can either un-enroll your device, or suspend the service.
You can enroll in Mobile Banking by selecting Profile when logged into Online Banking, simply select Enroll in the Mobile banking section to complete enrollment. Mobile banking enrollment appears in a new browser tab or window, follow the prompts to enroll.
Yes, if you do not log into your account via Online Banking or the Mobile app within six months, your account will go inactive.
eStatements are located on the Accounts page under documents. 3 years of statement history is available and starts when the account is enrolled in eStatements.
- Select the Account on the Home page
- Select Documents
- Change the Document Type to eStatements (type of account)
- Select Submit to display the statement history.
- Available Balance - the balance available for immediate use.
- Current Balance - the balance of the account before pending transactions settle. This may differ from your available balance because your current balance includes transactions that have not yet settled.
Call us at (888) 569-9909 or chat with us during business hours and we'll be happy to assist you.
There is no fee for using Online Banking. However, you do need a Bank Five Nine account. It's possible your internet service provider may charge for web access - check your plan for details.
Access high level account information. From the Home page, you can transfer funds, view recent transactions, make bill payments, and edit accounts.
You can pay bills or transfer between your liked named accounts at other financial institutions using the Bill Payment feature.
Access high level and detailed account information. From the Account page, you can also access additional account-related functionality. For example: Details, Transfer Funds, Documents, Categorize, and Stop Payments.
You can change your personal information and enroll in Online Services in the Profile option. Changes and Online Services include:
- Edit your Password
- Edit Challenge Questions
- Edit your Email Address
- Enroll accounts in eStatements
- Enroll in Mobile Banking
The Chat and Secure Mail options can be used to securely communicate with an Operations Support Representative. Encrypted email can only be accessed by logging into Online Banking and selecting Mail.
Bank Five Nine's Online Banking is very secure for the following reasons:
- Online Banking is fully encrypted
- The system has an automatic timeout feature that will log customers out after 15 minutes of inactivity
- All money movement is completed behind the password
- After 3 failed password attempts, all services are locked
From the Transfer page in Online Banking, or by using the Transfer option on the Home or Account information pages, you can transfer funds between any accounts listed on the From account and To account lists.
The last 10 transactions can be found on the Home page by selecting Recent
Transaction history is located on the Accounts page and can be found in a couple of ways.
- Select the Account for which you are accessing transaction history on the Home page.
- Click the More Transactions button to make additional transactions appear.
- Search for specific transactions by Amount or Check number in the Search Transactions option.
- Choose a specific date or search a date range.
- Select the Account for which you are categorizing transactions.
- Select Categorize.
- Use the controls available on the Categorize Transactions page to search for posted transactions and assign or update their categories, export transactions, and generate spending reports.
- Specify one or more search criteria.
- Amount or Amount Range - In the Amount field, type either a dollar amount (for example, 75.00) or an amount range (for example, 25.00-50.00).
- The transaction search returns all transactions that match the amount criteria, regardless of whether the transaction is a debit or a credit. For example, a search for 75.00 returns transactions that appear as either 75.00 or -75.00.
- You can optionally include the dollar sign ($) or the decimal amount (.00).
- For searches by amount range, the search includes amounts that match the values or fall within the range
- Specific Check Number or Check Number Range
- Checking Accounts Only: In the Check number field, type either a check number (for example, 123) or a check number range (for example, 123-456).
- For searches by check number or range, the search includes check numbers that match the values or fall within the range.
- Specific Date
- In the Date field, type a search date using MM/DD/YYYY format.
- Date range
- Select the Switch to Range link. The Start date and End date fields appear.
- Type dates in both the Start date and End date fields.
- Select Search. Transactions that match the criteria appear.
In the event that you forget your password, to access Online Banking you must provide relevant personal information and have access to the email address in your user profile to reset the password without assistance from the bank.
- Select Forgot password? link. The Forgot password page appears.
- Provide the following information:
- Username - the username with which you sign in to Online Banking
- Last 4 digits of Social Security Number
- Email Address - The email address that is tied to your Online Banking account.
- Answer 4 personal questions.
- Select Reset password.
- The online banking service sends a message to the email address stored in your user profile. This message contains the temporary password that you can use to sign in. Please Note: You must sign in within 30 minutes or the temporary password will expire.
- After you sign in with the temporary password, you will be prompted to provide a new password.
Access your existing Elan credit card by selecting Credit Card in Online Banking. You will be redirected to an external website where you can check your balance, make a payment, view statement balances, available credit limit, travel points earned since last statement, (Platinum Travel and Business Travel) and last 6 months purchase & payment history.
You can enroll in eStatements by selecting Profile when logged into Online Banking, simply select Edit in the Electronic Statements section to complete enrollment. Enrollment information appears either or both of the following sections:
- Accounts: You are the primary account holder for accounts in this section. You can both enroll these accounts in electronic statements and, by changing your email address on the Profile page, change the email address to which the online banking service delivers notifications that electronic statements are available.
- Secondary accounts: You are a signee for the account, but are not the primary account holder. You can enroll these accounts in electronic statements. Because you are a secondary account holder, if you change your email address on the Profile page it does not change the email address to which the online banking service sends electronics statement notifications.
You simply select Accept to the Terms and Conditions to enroll in Online Bill Pay and start making payments today!
To download Processed Transactions: On the Account page, you can use the transaction download feature to save archival copies of checking and savings transactions that have been processed. Please Note: The download file includes only processed transactions; it does not include scheduled and pending transactions. Download file creation is available only for checking and savings accounts.
- Select Download.
- From the Date Range drop-down list, select one of the following.
- Current Statement - Returns all transactions that were processed during the current statement period.
- Previous Statement - Returns all transactions that were processed during the previous statement period.
- Since Last Download - Returns all transactions that were processed since the date in the Date of Last Download field. Please Note: This option is only available if you have previously downloaded transactions.
- All Transactions - Returns all available processed transactions up to to 3 years prior.
- Custom Date Range - Returns all transactions that were processed between any two dates. If this option is selected, the Start and End date fields appear.
- From the Format drop-down list, select the format of the download file. The following options are available:
- Comma-separated values (.csv)
- Microsoft Money (.ofx)
- QuickBooks 2005 & newer (.qbo)
- Quicken 2005 & newer (.qfx)
- Select Download Transactions.
- The online banking service incorporates transactions that were processed during the specified date range into a download file (Transactions-NNNNNN-YYYY-MM-DD.XXX).
- NNNNNN indicates the account's number.
- If the online banking service uses account masking for your accounts, the account number in the filename consists of only the unmasked numbers.
- YYYY-MM-DD indicates the year, month, and day that the download process generated the file.
- XXX indicates the file name extension for the specified file format.
- The file includes the following fields:
- Account - Account number for which you have exported transaction information.
- ChkRef - For checks written against the account, the check number of the check. For other transactions, the reference number that is associated with the transaction.
- Debit - Debit amount affecting the account balance. For deposit accounts, debits remove money from your accounts.
- Credit - Credit amount affecting the account balance. For deposit accounts, credits add money to the account balance.
- Balance (.CSV output) - Account balance after the transaction settles.
- Available (.OFX, .QBO, .QFX output) - Balance available for immediate use. Your available balance may differ from your current balance because it may include transactions that have not yet settled.
- Current (.OFX, .QBO, .QFX output) - Balance of the account before pending transactions have settled.
- Date - Date on which the transaction posted.
- Description - Description that is associated with the transaction.
To change your Online Banking user name, call us at (888) 569-9909 or chat us online.
To help you easily identify your accounts throughout online banking, you can assign nicknames to your accounts. When you specify a nickname for an account, that nickname appears on every page that would otherwise display the account number. To assign account nicknames:
- On the Home page, select Edit Accounts.
- In the first column, replace the current text with the new account nickname.
- Select Save.
If an image is available for a check item or deposit ticket within an account's Recent Transactions list on the Home page, or within the Transactions section of the Account information page, the content of the Description column is a clickable link. To view an image on the Recent Transactions list or the Account information page:
- Select the check number or description. The image appears in an overlay window.
- To work with an image in the overlay window:
- To rotate the image counter-clockwise, select the arrow turning counter clockwise icon
- To rotate the image clockwise, select the arrow turning clockwise icon
- To shrink the image, select the zoom out icon
- To enlarge the image, select the zoom in icon
- To print the image, select the printer icon
- To view the check(s) within the deposit, select View Entire Deposit.
- Select the green and white arrow pointing to the right under available documents to make the available documents appear.
Yes! Online Banking has a responsive design across all devices. We also have a mobile app for Apple devices, Android devices and tablets.
Yes! In Online Bill Pay, you can transfer funds between your Bank Five Nine accounts and your accounts held at other institutions.
Yes! Before you can sign in to the online banking service, we need to establish a user profile for you. The Enroll Now page collects the information that we need to establish that user profile. To enroll in the online banking service:
- Access the Enroll Now page here
- From the Type of account drop-down list, select the account type for the account number with which you are enrolling.
- In the Account number field, type the complete account number of your bank account.
- Provide personal information as the form requires.
- Select Begin Enrollment to submit the information you have provided.
- Answer all four verification questions.
- Select Enroll.
- In the New username field, type a unique user name that you can easily remember.
- In the New password and Confirm password fields, type a new password. Remember your password is case sensitive and must include: - Between 8 and 17 characters - At least 1 number - At least 6 letters - At least 1 special character - Cannot contain your "username" or the word "password"
- Select Continue.
- Select and answer three challenge questions.
- Accept all Terms & Conditions and you are taken to your Online Banking Home page.
You can place stop payments in Online Banking, simply select the Account the check was written from and select Stop payments. Please note: You can only place stop payments on checks.
You can delete a transfer that has been scheduled in the future. To delete a scheduled transfer:
- Select Transfer on the Home page, scheduled transfers appear at the bottom of the page.
- If the From account drop-down list appears at the top of the scheduled transfers section, select the account that is associated with the scheduled transfer that you want to delete.
- Select the Delete option for the appropriate transfer. A confirmation message appears in an overlay window.
- Select Delete Transfer. A delete confirmation message appears.
- Select Close.
Submitting a request to change your address is easy! Select Change My Address to submit the request today.
- To reorganize the account list on your Home page, select the Move Down link to move the account lower on the display list, or click the Move Up link to move the account higher.
- To remove an account from your Home page, uncheck the Show on Home page. Select Save. The account list refreshes, replacing the editing controls with the reordered balance information.
What do you want to do?
- Use Your Debit Card While Traveling
- Authorize And Pay Overdrafts On Debit Card Transactions
- Change Your Address
- Combine Your Account Statements
- Increase Your Debit Card Limit
- Increase Your Mobile Deposit Limit
- Make Changes To Your Debit Card
- Order Checks
- Request Check Images And Statements
- Request Overdraft Protection
- Activate Your Debit Card In Your Mobile Wallet