Get a Quick Answer
We highly recommend adding some coleslaw to that BBQ sandwich. Coleslaw just might be BBQ’s best accompaniment.
- 1 head green cabbage, about three lbs
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 3 medium carrots
- ¼ cup white balsamic
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- The secret to perfect crunchy coleslaw is to first salt the cabbage to remove excess water, and then rinse off any excess salt so the dressing isn’t overwhelmed. Cut the cabbage through the core into quarters. Cut out and remove the hard, white core from each section, set the quarters, cut side down, on a cutting board and cut crosswise into very thin strips. Place the cabbage into a very large bowl, add the salt, and toss well. Set aside at room temp for 45 minutes.
- To remove the excess salt, add cool water to completely cover the cabbage. Stir well, and then drain in a colander, set in the sink. Repeat this process two times to remove all the salt, and then squeeze the cabbage dry one handful at a time.
- Use a glade blade or the large holed A box grater to grate the carrots.
- In a large bowl whisk the dressing ingredients. Add the cabbage and carrots and toss to coat evenly.
- Serve right away.