At Bank Five Nine, we believe that the holidays are about giving AND giving back!
Here are 12 great and easy ways that you can give back during the season.
- Donate your time. Time is invaluable and volunteers are an appreciated resource for a non-profit organization (many of which look for extra help around the holidays).
- Donate gently used clothing.
- Donate canned food. Buy a few extra cans of soup. Nonperishable food drives are happening everywhere during the holidays. It costs you just a few dollars, but means so much to someone receiving them.
- Pay it forward. Buying a coffee while shopping for all of those holiday gifts? Pay for the coffee for the person behind you.
- Support the troops. Send holiday cards or care packages to those who are away from their family and friends during the holiday season. Some great ideas for care packages are listed here.
- Visit a nursing home: During the holidays, senior citizens may experience loneliness. A good way to give back to the community is to visit senior citizens in your community.
- Shop with organizations that give back!
- Sponsor a family with the Christmas Clearing Council! Bank Five Nine employees pair up with this great organization each year during the holiday season. Since 1949, CCC of Waukesha County has promoted and coordinated giving to families in need during the Christmas season.
- Help an elderly neighbor put up their Christmas lights or shovel their driveway!
- Give blood. Giving blood costs you nothing, generally takes less than an hour, and could save a life. Click here to see where the American Red Cross will be and schedule an appointment!
- Volunteer at a local animal shelter. Are you an animal lover? Make a new fur friend at the local animal shelter by volunteering to be a dog walker.
- Give a monetary donation to a charity or organization.