Get A Quick Answer
- Bank Five Nine’s charitable investments are limited to public, nonprofit charitable organizations and agencies that are exempt from federal taxes under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- High priority is placed on donations that benefit low- to moderate-income individuals and communities.
- Bank contributions are not generally more than $10,000, however, exceptions can be made for certain situations.
- Increased consideration will be given to entities with low administrative costs, in order to ensure the donated funds are efficiently directed to the parties in need.
- Requests must be submitted by the 15th of each month. Applicants are notified, by phone, email or by mail, of action taken on requests within 45 days of application deadline.
Recipient nonprofit organizations must:
Reside in and serve a community where Bank Five Nine has a physical branch location
- Brookfield, Germantown, Glendale, Grafton, Hartford, hartland, Menomonee Falls, Mequon, Milwaukee, Oconomowoc, or West Bend (see branch locations)
- Fit within our charitable giving categories (listed above)
- Demonstrate fiscal and administrative stability
- Operate as an equal opportunity employer (where applicable)
- Be governed by a board of directors (where applicable)
- Organizations without 501(c)(3) status
- Individuals (exceptions may be made by the Committee)
- Fraternal or alumni organizations
- Political Action Committees, political candidates, or causes or organizations attempting to influence legislation
- Requests for the discretionary, non-specific use of an organization
- Requests for operating expenses
- Trips or tours for individuals and groups
- Talent and beauty contests